- Baran, E., Uygun, E., & Altan, T. (2016). Developing Criteria for the Evaluation of Educational Mobile Apps: A Design Based Research.
- Baran, E. (2014). A review of research on mobile learning in teacher education. Journal of Educational Technology & Society, 17(4), 17–32
- Baran, E., & Khan, S. (2014). Going mobile – Science teacher candidates evaluating mobile apps. In C. Miller & A. Doering (Eds), The New Landscape of Mobile Learning: Redesigning Education in an App-based World.
- Baran, E. (2016). Evaluating educatioal mobile apps with preservice teachers. Paper presented at the Mobilising and Transforming Teacher Education Pedagogies Multiplier Event, Bergen, Norway, September 21-22, 2016.
- Baran, E., Uygun, E., & Altan, T. (2015). Developing a Tool for Evaluating Mobile Apps’ Pedagogical Affordances: A Design Based Research Approach. Paper presented at the American Educational Research Association 2015 Annual Meeting, Chicago, IL, April 16 – 20, 2015.
Public seminars and talks
- Baran, E. (2015). New Technologies, New Pedagogies. METU Seminar Series. February 13, 2015, Ankara, Turkey.
- Baran, E. (2015). Rethinking teacher education in the digital age: New technologies, new pedagogies. Technische Universität München (TUM) Connect Skyline Lectures. January 28 2015, Munich, Germany.
- Baran, E. (2014). Digital learning and teaching. Technische Universität München (TUM) School of Education Graduate Student Seminar. September 23, 2014, Munich, Germany.